Analytics


Thursday, January 19, 2012

I'll Never Forget

I’ll Never Forget



I saw you, every day with that look in your eyes

I can tell that you had just cried

You’ve gone thru hell and back, looking for one whose heartbeat matched yours

Settling for less than what you deserved

Your heart’s been spat on, stabbed, and bruised by the men in your past

Each one you approached with a clear conscience

But another piece of your heart was always broken by the last

You were looking for better, but scared to find it

Trust issues weren’t new to you anymore…

But I didn’t want to see you hurting any longer

I didn’t want you to go home, not being able to look in the mirror for fear of the feeling
of inadequacy

I reached out my hand to yours

I wanted to show you that chivalry is still breathing

I wanted you to see what I saw under your past pain…

The beautiful woman who was only trying to love the way you were intended

The lovely eyes that could make anyone double back just to see them again…

The gorgeous smile that could provide comfort and solace

When I looked into each of your eyes, I saw your fears…

One said “I need,” while the other said “but I don’t want…”

Too bad, that simultaneously, while I attempted to provide your need, you started to become something I never wanted…

The pain you felt changed you…

You became the model of the women that I walk away from…

You let the bitter water from your past consume your present, and spill over into your
future…

And the water burned when you looked at me with your lies…

All I wanted to do was love you, the way I was intended to love…

You had other plans…

Plans to make me pay for your hurt

But I will never have enough time to spend, re-paying that debt

Yea, it hurt, but I refuse to allow myself to walk down that road...

Betrayal isn’t my forte, & neither is bitterness

I’ll just leave with the memory of you, praying that your future is brighter than your past

Remembering each tear that I wiped from your face…

I’ll always remember the day I saw you crying a river

And I’ll never forget how I drowned trying to save you…

No comments:

Post a Comment